Wednesday 22 November 2017

Scratch Level 2 - Racing Game


A link to the project page of the game is below,
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/187744788/

1, I had difficulties with programming the car's position. It was confusing to me to set the car go back to the same position and direction when it hits the bombs because I didn't quite understood that the state of the previous game-play will last when you replay it. It affected the position and direction, but I could change it by programming positioning blocks between hide and show blocks and made it seem going back to the place where it exactly was when the game started.

2, I put bombs on the road to make the game a little more challenging. Programming the car hits the bombs and go back to the start position is almost same as programming the car turns when it hits the red zone. When it touches the blue colour of the bomb, an image of "Bomb"show up and the car go back to the start line.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the game! I like that you placed bombs onto the race track that resets the player once it is touched. It was very creative.

    - 30/30

    - Mr Chen

    ReplyDelete