Friday 15 June 2018

Final Project - Complete










A link to the character file,



I used some tutorials videos of a playlist, RPG graphics Blender on YouTube as a reference.

I created a female figure in Blender before and this time, I challenged creating a stout male figure. My proposal was to create several motions of a character, but the modelling, rigging, texturing and weight painting took more time than I expected, therefore, I created one motion. In the beginning ob the project, I imagined my game would have a village in a prairie; in modelling process, I decided to create one of villagers who is a stout female. In texturing process, I chose light and dark colours for clothing to make them seem hemp cloth which villagers in the game p[produce. In the animating process, I filmed my self raising my clenched fist to animate the motion of  a character's victory or achievement. The hardest part was weight painting because it was complicated to match the movement of the body and each clothing for its smooth animation. I had many difficulties covering up all the skin by clothing and hide the skin during the motion.
The effort I put in this project to create the character and motion and its achievement is a great experience for me to learn the basic functions of Blender and how I can use them to create original animation.


As for the allocating 40 marks, I would like the marks to be split between,

                                                                   - Modeling
                                                                   - Rigging
                                                                   - Texturing
                                                                   - Weight Painting
                                                                   - Animating
                                                                   - Creativity



No comments:

Post a Comment